Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Best tips for depression


 

 Problem Definition

Series of Negative events pulls us into depression. It might come through financial crisis, betrayals, break ups, career issues and health issues of ours and near dear ones. So far these are top reasons,apparently. In my counselling career, I met people who had depression since childhood. Credit for childhood depression goes to parents for not properly raising kids or training them. Training them for what? to be mentally strong. No, you cannot turn introverts into extroverts vice versa, this is due to past conditioning or Karma the soul carries from previous births.

Now, what is Karma? A child born to rich parents, diseased child or healthy and successful child, why so much disparity? people work hard to be rich, all do not get that success? This is Karma. One accidents, mishaps can change things upside down, that is karma, today you are good tomorrow? someone is deciding it- Karma??

Solution:

Many find it difficult to find right therapist, counselor or psychiatrist. I had to call my physician friends and ask, who is the best man in town, but medicines didn't help me as much as the other things did. How can the void of love & care be filled with medicines? Following tried and tested things I would suggest :

Being social-

  1. Meeting people, online chats, morning walks, joining a club, attending concerts, plays and watching dramas helps.

  2. Working on your creative side- be it playing instruments, gardening, painting, trekking, learning new skills does help

Controlling thought process:

Negative thought process can be replaced by positive thoughts and that either comes from hearing wise, well informed people or from motivating books. Personally, I found Sadhguru and Radhanath swami very inspiring and talking sense when it comes to depression. Reading autobiographies and spiritual books helped me lot to be mindful. 

Exercises:

Yoga, morning walks, breathing exercises and the best I found is travelling, well travelling to holy places, riverside, near mountains gave me immense peace.

The Food:

So when I was depressed I found out, I have to increase serotonin the chemical inside my brain to feel good or happy. Bananas, spinach, dry fruits, apricot, soya milk, you can google as well :)

Mantra Meditation:

Is a practice that helps to uplift the mind, open your heart and bring inner peace. The powerful, divine sound of mantras resonate with our inner chakras and remove the negative energies as well as Karma. Hearing mantras and singing it along spreads more positive energy around us. All you have to do is hear mantra of your choice, find which one suits you, I have suggested hare krsna mantra to many and it has helped them so far. Cuts you bad Karma.

Earn more blessings by helping others, I have and now you have the chance to help many oppressed and depressed people, remember all cannot afford therapies, I need to reach out to many and require your help for that. please support my noble cause.

Donation link

https://www.paypal.me/aniruddhas

No comments: